Artios Pharma is currently recruiting an Intern for a 6 months position in cell and molecular Biology. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic Biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively building an exciting portfolio of unique DDR projects and has the ambitious aim to quickly translate these discoveries into the clinic.
Outline of the role
You will join a small research team within this innovative and expanding company. Your primary responsibility will be contributing biological data to Artios’ ongoing drug discovery projects. You will apply your expertise in cell and molecular biology to develop and perform cellular assays to measure the activity of Artios’ compounds and to identify synergistic combinations with standard of care cancer treatments. You will also have the chance to work on the identification of patient selection biomarkers and to learn new techniques required to complete your tasks. You will work in multi-disciplinary collaborations with external scientists and leading academics.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 6 months lab experience ideally within an industrial setting
- BSc or MSc qualification
Key Skills and Abilities
- Good experience in cell biology techniques, including culture of eukaryotic cells
- Knowledge of the basic molecular biology techniques
- Attention to detail and good record keeping skills
- Enthusiasm and commitment to achieve tasks within required deadlines
- Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
- High level of IT literacy
- Excellent communication, team working and presentation skills
- Experience with DDR assays, cell viability assays, Western blotting and FACS will be a distinct advantage
This is 6 months internship position, if you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date is 11 February 2019.
In order to comply with UK employment law, all applicants must have the right to work in the UK, if invited to interview, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.
No agencies, thank youView all news