With an expanding small molecule drug discovery portfolio, Artios Pharma is recruiting for an experienced Scientist/Senior Scientist – Bioinformatics This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic, small Biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK.
Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively working on an exciting portfolio of unique DNA repair projects.
Outline of the role
You will join a growing research team within this innovative and expanding company. Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Application of bioinformatic tools and techniques to answer scientific questions for cross-organisational efforts spanning discovery biology, translational and clinical domains
- Analysis of cancer patient multi ‘omics data for patient stratification and clinical trial support
- Analysis of internal and external drug sensitivity screens; application of statistical and AI/ML methods to associate with molecular phenotypes
- Testing, benchmarking and implementation of innovative bioinformatic techniques
You will also work in multi-disciplinary collaborations with external scientists and leading academics, involving a high level of teamwork.
Qualifications and Experience
- PhD in bioinformatics/ computational biology.
- Exceptional Masters candidates with extensive relevant experience will also be considered.
- Significant experience of analysis of data from NGS and other high-throughput technologies
- Considerable post-PhD work experience in either industry/biotechnological environments
Key Skills and Abilities
- Statistical programming, data manipulation, analysis, visualisation and reporting using R/Bioconductor, Shiny. Working in command line environments.
- Significant experience of primary, secondary and tertiary analyses of NGS/’omic data, and various the bioinformatics tools for these purposes.
- Significant experience of at least 2 of the following:
- AI/ML techniques applied to biological data
- Multi ‘omic data integration and analysis
- Network/ systems biology
- Experience of working with cancer patient/ cell line ‘omics data e.g. from TCGA, ICGC, DepMap
- Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Flexible approach to change
This is a permanent position, offering an attractive salary & benefits package. Appointment will be at the Scientist or Senior scientist level depending on experience. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
The closing date is Monday 24 August
In order to comply with UK employment law, all applicants must have the right to work in the UK, if invited to interview, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.
No agencies, thank you