With our two recent collaborations with Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, and Novartis, Artios is now recruiting for a new role, Business Development and Alliance Management Lead. We are looking for someone who is keen to join a fast paced, innovative, expanding cancer research Biotech company based both in the UK and US.
This is an opportunity to join an already successful company and take it to the next level. Ideally suited to candidates who enjoy making a difference and working within a changing environment.
This role will be based in New York City.
Artios is a DNA Damage Response (DDR) Biotech company that is focused on developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within DDR, a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company’s lead programme is in Phase I, with a second programme expected to enter the clinic later this year.
The Business Development and Alliance Management lead will support priority and complex alliances with multiple Artios partners and collaborators, and the company’s future business development needs. This is a highly collaborative and cross-functional role across clinical, scientific, transactions and financial teams, reporting into the CBO.
Responsibilities include leading the strategic discussions and decision-making processes to effectively manage current external collaborations and partnerships, and sourcing and planning future ones. The role also requires anticipating and addressing contract and business issues with our alliance partners. The Business Development and Alliance Management lead will coordinate cross functional activities with internal work groups in Legal, Business Development, Project Management, Finance and R&D.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Manages the ongoing business relationship with various alliance partners
- Plans and manages the operational aspects of the current partnerships, including joint governance committee, ensuring alliance effectiveness, appropriate communications, coordination of activities, handling partner concerns, solving business problems, and negotiating with the partner on ongoing agreements
- Provides a single point-of-contact for partners and a pathway for business/contractual issue resolution or other business-related matters
- May attend joint team meetings and/or on-site collaborator visits to stay abreast of joint team progress and tracking to contractual obligations
- Works with project team leaders to ensure that both Artios and its alliance partners, are on track to meet contractual obligations and landmarks
- Reviews existing collaboration agreements and develops plans to clarify/amend these where necessary and resolve any business/contractual issues in an equitable and timely manner, helping to ensure the overall value and success of each project and that the spirit of each collaboration agreement is kept intact
- Develops and implements Business Development strategies in collaboration with technical, legal, financial and commercial leads by screening, recommending, prioritizing, evaluating, planning, supporting the negotiations and completion of future partnerships, collaborations, M&A and divestiture opportunities
- Evaluate potential partners’ capabilities and needs and drive appropriate analysis to enable evaluation of future partnering opportunities.
- Stays abreast of internal and external developments, trends and dynamics and provides visibility and recommendations to senior management and follow-up with action plans
- Updates management team on biotechnology landscape evolution and external pressures that can impact company strategy
- Educates team members on contract terms, obligations, achievements and roles and responsibilities
Qualifications & Education:
- BA/BS required; Advanced degree preferred (Master’s, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in business development or alliance management, or related functions in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Title for the tole will be commensurate with experience
- Strong analytical skillset; strong financial modelling experience a plus
- Strong communication and organizational skills, business and scientific acumen
- Experience leading teams and developing strategies that align to company mission and vision with demonstrated ability to think strategically, communicate, collaborate, and managing through significant ambiguity and complexity
- Exceptional ability to deeply understand the science and scientific landscape, as well as the business considerations important to developing and implementing biotechnology strategies and plans
- Knowledge/experience in oncology (or related areas in immunology, and/or autoimmunity field) preferred.
- Understanding of the biopharmaceutical R&D and commercialization process, as well as knowledge of the industry landscape (e.g., companies, transactions, terms)
- Positive, optimistic attitude and ability to work across the company and at all levels, including with scientists and C-level executives
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment combining strategic and tactical capabilities.
- Embraces and embodies Artios’ core values of acting with integrity, respect and being a dependable team player
This is a permanent position, offering an attractive salary & benefits package. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting
The closing date is 17 June 2021
You must have the Right to Work in the US for this role.