Following our recent exciting collaborations with both Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, and Novartis, and with an expanding small molecule drug discovery portfolio, Artios Pharma is recruiting for an experienced Cell and Molecular Biologist. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic, small Biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively working on an exciting portfolio of unique DNA repair projects.
Outline of the role
You will join a growing research team within this innovative and expanding company. Your primary responsibility will be running monotherapy and combinations screens in a range of cancer cell lines and genetic models. Various cell viability assays will used including CFA, CTG and IncuCyte in multiple formats.
You will be responsible for the profiling of Artios’ novel compounds across various cancer cell models using diverse cell viability screens to identify and validate patient selection biomarkers as well as novel drug combinations. Validation of these findings will be undertaken using both chemical and genetic approaches enabling development of patient selection strategies. Optimisation of current protocols and developing new assays will be critical for this role.
The successful candidate will apply their technical expertise in cellular and molecular biology, contributing biological data to Artios’ ongoing drug discovery projects and will have the opportunity to work in multi-disciplinary collaborative networks, involving CRO’s and academic scientists.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven track record of delivering excellent quality research
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience in a life science subject
- Extensive experience in cancer cell biology techniques particularly cell culture, cell viability assays and screening, basic molecular biology techniques
- Experience within industrial setting
Key Skills and Abilities
- Broad cell and molecular biology skills
- Ability to analyse data and troubleshoot independently
- Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
- High level of IT literacy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Flexible approach to change
- Flow cytometry, shRNA & CRISPR skills are desirable
This is a permanent position, offering an attractive salary & benefits package. Appointment will be at Scientist or Senior Scientist I level depending on experience. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Ref 4205.
The closing date is Monday 10 May