With our two recent collaborations with Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, and Novartis; Artios is now recruiting for a new role, Director, Finance. We are looking for someone who is keen to join a fast paced, innovative, expanding cancer research Biotech company based both in the UK and US. The ideal candidate will have a strong financial background and ideally will have worked in a Life Science company. This is an opportunity to join an already successful company and take it to the next level. Ideally suited to candidates who enjoy making a difference and working within a changing environment.
This role can be based in New York City, North Carolina or the UK.
Artios is a DNA Damage Response (DDR) Biotech company that is focused on developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within DDR, a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. We currently have Phase 1 trials in place.
Outline of the role
Your primary responsibilities will be to supervise the SEC Reporting Manager to ensure all SEC requirements are fulfilled, including appropriate quarterly, annual, and ad-hoc filings and to
partner with the Financial Controller and the Accounting Team to ensure completion of the quarter end close, Annual Audit, and Tax Returns.
• Lead the company’s quarterly forecasting activities, including ownership of the company cash flow model, and preparation of board related materials
• Audit Committee items and integration of key portfolio assumptions into the business
• Establish a global calendar and integrate forecasting activities with the appropriate finance points of contact within R&D
• The position will serve as a business partner to the entire company, driving decision support, financial planning, reporting, and analysis
• Conduct a full analysis of the monthly actuals and prepare reports for a variety of stakeholders
• Lead the variance analysis review with the senior leadership team
• Establish a more formal headcount reconciliation
• Establish a formal Annual Long Range Operating Plan (5-10 years)
• Set up an Annual Budgeting process
• Integrate a new forecasting platform (i.e. Adaptive, Netsuite, etc.) suitable for a SMID cap biotechnology company
• Partner with the finance points of contact to establish the appropriate quarter end accruals for CRO’s and other key vendors.
• Work with the Financial Controller and Finance Liaisons on monthly and quarterly close activities including interpretation of key financial reports and entering, updating, and reconciling certain transactions
• Partner with the CBO, CFO, and COO on key valuation analyses and scenarios
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelors degree
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office including advanced Excel spreadsheet, and ERP accounting software
• Ability to work with ERP systems and forecasting tools retrieve, analyse, and report on all financial data
• MBA plus 10-15 years of related experience, or equivalent training and experience
Key Skills and Abilities
• Ability to develop relationships with department heads and challenge key assumptions that comprise a forecast and/or plan
• Ability to develop financial models, perform analysis, budgeting and forecasting
• Ability to utilize an ERP system to prepare financial reports and analysis based on actuals and forecasts
• Must be effective and comfortable summarising information, creating executive-level presentations, and presenting information
• Ability to work and communicate effectively in a complex environment while appreciating and respecting cultural and organisational diversity
• Flexible approach to change
• High level of IT literacy.
This is a permanent position, offering an attractive salary & benefits package, plus discretionary Performance bonus. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Ref 4209.
The closing date is Monday 17 May 2021