With our two recent collaborations with Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, and Novartis, Artios is now recruiting for a new role, Director of Commercial Strategy. We are looking for someone who is keen to join a fast paced, innovative, expanding cancer research Biotech company based both in the UK and US. The ideal candidate will have a strong commercial strategy and valuation background and ideally will have worked in a Life Science company.
This is an opportunity to join an already successful company and take it to the next level. Ideally suited to candidates who enjoy making a difference and working within a changing environment.
This role can be based in New York City or Cambridge, UK.
Artios is a DNA Damage Response (DDR) Biotech company that is focused on developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within DDR, a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company’s lead programme is in Phase I, with a second programme expected to enter the clinic later this year.
About the role:
The overarching goal of Artios’ Commercial Strategy Director is to support development and future commercialization of a differentiated, full portfolio of assets aimed to meet areas of significant unmet need for cancer patients. To accomplish this goal, Artios needs to bring further commercial insights on the oncology market to development and prioritization of its compounds and platforms.
The Director of Commercial Strategy will be primarily responsible for: 1) ensuring appropriate market knowledge and insights are leveraged appropriately to support the development of Artios’ pipeline of research and clinical candidates, and 2) leading Artios’ portfolio evaluation process to maximize the potential value of its portfolio and facilitate decision making. The Director of Commercial Strategy must be able not only to participate in and lead these major cross-functional initiatives but must also effectively communicate with and influence a broad group of senior scientists and management in collaborative decision making.
Summary of key responsibilities:
- Lead and further develop internal capability for market-oriented analysis of pipeline assets (including detailed analysis of targets, indications, combinations, etc.)
- Develop segmentation analysis of patient populations in cancer indications which are relevant for Artios’ pipeline
- Provide commercial insights to research, preclinical and clinical programs; including analysis to support competitive TPP & nomination of lead programs and clinical programs
- Optimize collection and use of competitive intelligence data sources; monitor clinical environment for advances relevant to Artios’ current or future portfolio
- Conduct market sizing/forecasting for NPV analysis
- Develop market-oriented communication plans / key messages for Artios’ lead programs
- Develop strategic recommendations for rational and attractive in-licensing, out-licensing, and partnering opportunities; Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis both externally (market developments, KOL opinions, employer/payor demands, healthcare policy/consumer trends and technology, etc.) and internally (understanding Artios’ position, prior decisions made, feasibility dynamics, etc.) to inform structured recommendations
- Collaborate with R&D and Clinical leadership to bring commercial orientation to KOL/Ad boards
Qualifications & Education
- BA/BS required; Strongly prefer graduate degree in relevant scientific discipline (e.g., Ph.D. in Cancer Biology, etc.), Business (MBA), Finance or Economics or related field
- 5+ years biopharmaceutical or consulting experience; candidates with industry, or highly relevant post-doctoral work will be considered
- Knowledge/experience in oncology (or related areas in immunology, and/or autoimmunity field) strongly preferred.
- Experience in global market research, and/or marketing analytics, mastery of relevant forecasting, analytical, and market research concepts and frameworks
- Knowledge of the changing payor/reimbursement and evolving data requirements
- Experience in market segmentation/sizing in oncology settings; developing market forecasts aligned with target product profiles
- Experience with risk-adjusted portfolio and asset valuation tools and methodologies; experience preparing inputs and interpreting results
- Experience leading teams and developing strategies that align to company mission and vision with demonstrated ability to think strategically, communicate, collaborate, and managing through significant ambiguity and complexity
- Exceptional ability to deeply understand the science and scientific landscape, as well as the business considerations important to developing and implementing biotechnology strategies and plans
- Positive, self-motivated, and with optimistic attitude and ability to work across the company and at all levels, including with scientists and C-level executives
- Strong understanding of the biopharmaceutical R&D and commercialization process, as well as knowledge of the industry landscape
- Ability to assess emerging science and major advances in domain areas, in the absence of definitive data
- Strong analytical skillset; significant forecasting experience a plus
This is a permanent position, offering an attractive salary & benefits package. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting
The closing date is 17 June 2021
You must have the Right to Work in the US or the UK for this role.