We are looking for a Director of HR who is passionate about working with people in this new and exciting role, in a rapidly expanding Biotech company. As Director of HR you will report to the COO and primarily be responsible for supporting the Executive Team in providing comprehensive, professional and confidential HR services across the Company. You will lead our HR, Training and Recruitment to support the growth of the Company. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research and development team in a dynamic, young Biotech company based near Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments. This could be a full-time or part-time role.
We started our first clinical study with our small-molecule ATR inhibitor in February 2021.
Outline of the role:
• Working with the Executive Team, take ownership of the overall HR strategy – ensuring it is clear and will deliver on key company growth and retention targets.
• Design and develop the delivery of the people strategy and ensure employee engagement and retention.
• Assist in the recruitment strategy, planning and execution.
• Develop the company’s benefit and reward schemes for both UK and US employees.
• Responsible for the entire employee lifecycle.
• Work closely with the senior leadership team to align the talent agenda with wider business strategic priorities.
• Provide leadership, guidance and expertise on all HR matters across the business.
• Ensure compliance with UK Employment Law and best practice at all times, including GDPR.
• Manage the HR Manager with the on-boarding and off-boarding processes.
• Employee engagement – support employee relations’ activities, develop engagement and wellbeing strategy.
• Support, mentor and coach, line managers to help them manage their staff.
• Manage and develop our Performance Management Programmes and help drive performance.
• Responsible for staff learning and development.
• Benchmarking employees’ remuneration to ensure the company remains competitive within the sector to incentivise, retain and recruit staff.
• Establishing company values, vision, behaviours, diversity and inclusion.
• Experience within the pharmaceutical or biotech industry would be preferable.
• Held previous position of seniority with overall responsibility for people in a mid-sized and growing organisation.
• Experience working within a fast paced, growing organisation.
• Excellent understanding of UK employment law and international employment customs and practices.
• Demonstrable experience of using a wide range of HR skills and best practice to design HR processes, policies, and business partnering solutions.
• Evidence of having a passion for working with people and working beyond the confines of the job description.
• Experience of Diversity and Inclusion
Key skills required:
• Strong communication skills with the ability to address sensitive subjects and connect with employees and stakeholders at all levels.
• Proven organisation skills and ability to prioritise.
• Thrives working in a changing and growing environment.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Strong influencer
To apply for this vacancy, you will need typically 8+ years related experience in cross functional human resources areas, with significant strategic experience, including senior management influence. University degree level and relevant HR qualifications.
This is a permanent position, offering an attractive salary & benefits package. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com quoting Ref 4226.
The closing date is 31 July 2021
In order to comply with UK Employment Law, all applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
No agencies, thank you