Based in New York City or North Carolina (preferred)
With our two recent collaborations with Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and Novartis; Artios is now recruiting for a SEC Reporting Manager. We are looking for someone who is keen to join a fast paced, innovative, expanding cancer research Biotech company based both in the UK and US. The ideal candidate will have a strong financial background and ideally will have worked in a Life Science company. This is an opportunity to join an already successful company and take it to the next level. Ideally suited to candidates who enjoy making a difference and working within a changing environment.
Artios is a DNA Damage Response (DDR) Biotech company, that is focused on developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within DDR, a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. We currently have Phase 1 trials in place.
Outline of the role
You will lead the company’s external reporting requirements, including all SEC filings and any shareholder requests, and;
• Partner with Investor Relations, Legal and R&D to ensure filings are consistent across various distribution channels
• Assist the company with a variety of shareholder related analyses including 13F Filings.
• Develop and implement a stock option administration system and framework for a public company
• Partner with the Financial Controller on technical accounting memos for complex business transactions and implementation of new IFRS accounting standards
• Work with the Financial Controller to document the company’s internal control policies and procedures and maintaining the control environment
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Public accounting experience with five years of private industry experience
• Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
• Life Sciences, Biotech experience
• Useful but not essential, experience of SEC reporting
Key Skills and Abilities
• Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley
• Demonstrated ability to research, design and document technical accounting issues
• Proficient knowledge of IFRS
• Familiarity with ERP System
• Excellent MS WORD and EXCEL skills
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
• High level of IT literacy
• Flexible approach to change
This is a permanent position offering an attractive salary & benefits package. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com quoting Ref 4210.
The closing date is Monday 17 May 2021