With an expanding small molecule drug discovery portfolio Artios Pharma is currently recruiting for an experienced cell and molecular biologist. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic Biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The Company is actively building an exciting portfolio of unique DDR projects and has the ambitious aim to quickly translate these discoveries into the clinic.
Outline of the role
You will join a disease positioning team, using both chemical and genetic approaches to discover patient selection biomarkers for Artios’ novel DNA repair inhibitors. Your primary responsibility will be to contribute biological data to Artios’ ongoing drug discovery projects, applying your technical expertise in cellular and molecular biology to profile Artios’ proprietary cancer cell panel, measuring expression of DDR proteins and performing diverse viability assays. You will also have the opportunity to work on collaborative projects within Artios, and multi-disciplinary collaborative networks, involving CRO’s and academic scientists.
The appointment will be at scientist level.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven track record of delivering excellent quality research
- Ph.D. in a life science subject or equivalent experience ideally within an industrial setting
- Extensive experience in cancer cell biology techniques particularly cell culture, Western blotting, proliferation and viability assays
- Experience in CRISPR editing and shRNA is desirable
- Experience in FACS is desirable
Key Skills and Abilities
- Excellent technical skills in cell and molecular biology
- Enthusiasm and commitment to achieve within tight deadlines
- Knowledge of cancer drug discovery is desirable
- Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
- Good level of IT literacy
- Excellent communication, team working and presentation skills
- Flexible approach to change
This is a permanent position, offering an attractive salary & benefits package. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is Monday 5 October
In order to comply with UK employment law, all applicants must have the right to work in the UK, if invited to interview, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.
No agencies, thank you