Following our recent exciting collaborations with both Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, and Novartis, and with an expanding small molecule drug discovery portfolio Artios Pharma is recruiting for an experienced Principal Scientist/Team Leader. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic, small Biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively working on an exciting portfolio of unique DNA repair projects.
We started our first clinical study with our small-molecule ATR inhibitor in February 2021.
Outline of the role
You will join a growing research team within this innovative and expanding company. As an expert in telomere biology, DNA Damage Response (DDR) and / or identification and validation of new oncology targets for drug discovery, you will become an integral member of our broader biology team, with your primary responsibility being to deliver validated oncology targets to the Artios DDR portfolio. The role will involve line management of 1-3 people but may also require some lab-based activities, as well as offering good opportunities to work in multi-disciplinary collaborations with external scientists and leading academics.
Qualifications and Experience
• Proven track record in at least one of the following disciplines: telomere biology, ; DNA damage response; identification and validation of oncology drug discovery targets ideally within an industrial setting
• PhD (or equivalent) in a relevant life science subject
• Experience of industrial drug discovery and delivering to meet milestones advantageous
• Experience working on innovative target classes a distinct advantage
• Line management and / or matrix management experience highly desirable
Key Skills and Abilities
• In depth understanding of telomere biology, DDR and / or oncology
• Excellent technical cell and molecular biology skills
• Extensive technical understanding of assays relating to telomere biology is highly desirable
• Advanced skills in teamwork and collaboration
• Enthusiasm and commitment to achieve within tight deadlines
• Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
• High level of IT literacy
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Flexible approach to change
This is a permanent position, offering an attractive salary & benefits package. Appointment will be at Principal Scientist level depending on experience. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com quoting Ref 4218.
The closing date is Monday 5 July 2021
In order to comply with UK Employment Law, all applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK or if from the EU, subject to receiving a relevant Skilled Worker Visa to work in the UK.
No agencies, thank you