Following our recent exciting collaborations with both Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, and Novartis, and with an expanding small molecule drug discovery portfolio Artios Pharma is recruiting for a biochemistry and screening scientist. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic, small Biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively working on an exciting portfolio of unique DNA repair projects.
We started our first clinical study with our small-molecule ATR inhibitor in February 2021.
Outline of the role
You will join a growing research team within this innovative and expanding company. Your primary responsibilities will be providing key biochemical and compound mechanism of action data for Artios’ ongoing drug discovery projects. You will achieve this by developing and running biochemical assays for screening small molecules against a variety of DNA repair enzymes. You will also work in multi-disciplinary collaborations with external scientists and leading academics, involving a high level of teamwork.
Qualifications and Experience
• Experience of biochemical assay development, screening or mechanistic characterisation, ideally within an industrial setting
• BSc in biochemistry or another relevant life science subject
• Experience of working in an industrial or biotechnology setting
Key Skills and Abilities
• Assay development and screening skills
• Advanced skills in teamwork and collaboration
• Flexible approach to change
• Knowledge of the drug discovery process
• Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
• High level of IT literacy
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
This is a permanent position, offering an attractive salary & benefits package. Appointment will be at Associate Scientist / Scientist level depending on experience. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Ref 4221
The closing date is 1 July 2021
In order to comply with UK Employment Law, all applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK or if from the EU, subject to receiving a relevant Skilled Worker Visa to work in the UK.
No agencies, thank you