Following our recent exciting collaborations with both Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, and Novartis, and with an expanding small molecule drug discovery portfolio Artios Pharma is recruiting for a Computational Chemist. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic, small Biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively working on an exciting portfolio of unique DNA repair projects.
We started our first clinical study with our small-molecule ATR inhibitor in February 2021.
Outline of the role
You will join a growing research team within this innovative and expanding company. Your primary responsibilities will be to provide computational chemistry and cheminformatics support for Artios drug discovery projects. Working closely with our experienced Medicinal Chemistry team, you will generate computational data to drive decision-making on our diverse portfolio of targets. You will also be expected to lead curation and management of internal databases to support the wider department. You will also work in multi-disciplinary collaborations with external scientists and leading academics, involving a high level of teamwork.
Qualifications and Experience
• BSc in chemistry or another relevant life science subject
• MSc or PhD in computational chemistry
• Experience of working in an industrial or biotechnology setting
• Familiarity with industry standard modelling software
Key Skills and Abilities
• Up-to-date knowledge of core computational chemistry and cheminformatics techniques
• Collaborative team player
• High level of IT literacy
• Flexible approach to change
• Virtual library generation and screening
• Molecular dynamics
• Data science & database curation, including use of SQL
• Knowledge of the drug discovery process
• Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
This is a permanent position, offering an attractive salary & benefits package. Appointment will be at Scientist / Senior Scientist level depending on experience. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Ref 4225
The closing date is 16th July 2021
In order to comply with UK Employment Law, all applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK or if from the EU, subject to receiving a relevant Skilled Worker Visa to work in the UK.
No agencies, thank you