With an expanding small molecule drug discovery portfolio Artios Pharma is recruiting for an experienced cell and molecular biologist. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic, small Biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively working on an exciting portfolio of unique DNA repair projects.
Outline of the role
You will join a growing research team within this innovative and expanding company. Your primary responsibility will be contributing biological data to Artios’ ongoing drug discovery projects. You will achieve this by applying your technical expertise in cell and molecular biology to create and run cellular assays, measuring the ability of Artios’ novel anticancer agents to modulate specific DNA repair pathways and mechanisms. You will also work in multi-disciplinary collaborations with external scientists and leading academics, involving a high level of teamwork. Appointment will be at either the Scientist or Senior Scientist level depending on experience.
Qualifications and Experience
- PhD or equivalent in a life science subject
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in a research environment
- Proven track record in the DNA damage response field, ideally within an industrial setting
- Experience of drug discovery is desirable
- Experience working in an industrial setting will be a distinct advantage
Key Skills and Abilities
- Excellent technical skills in cell and molecular biology techniques including cell culture, Western blotting, flow cytometry, imaging, and functional reporter assays
- Technical skills in performing high-throughput compound screening using cell-based assays is highly desirable
- Understanding of DNA damage response biology, DNA repair pathways and cancer cell biology
- Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
- High level of IT literacy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Flexible approach to change`
This is a permanent position, offering an attractive salary & benefits package. Appointment will be at Scientist or Senior Scientist level depending on experience. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is Monday 31 August
In order to comply with UK employment law, all applicants must have the right to work in the UK, if invited to interview, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.
No agencies, thank you