This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic, expanding Biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA Damage Response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively working on an exciting portfolio of unique DNA repair projects.
Outline of the role
You will join a growing research team within this innovative and dynamic company. Your primary responsibility will be providing key reagents for in vitro assays and structural biology to support Artios’ ongoing drug discovery projects.
You will achieve this by applying your detailed knowledge and experience of protein production, in both insect cell and E. coli expression systems, and construct design to produce high-quality proteins for biochemical assays and crystallography. You will also work in multi-disciplinary collaborations with external scientists and leading academics, involving a high level of teamwork.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven track record of protein production ideally within an industrial setting
- Expertise in insect cell culture (experience of E. coli expression systems is advantageous)
- Ph.D (or equivalent experience) in biochemistry or another relevant life science subject
- Previous experience of structural biology is advantageous
Experience of working in an industrial or biotechnology setting is highly desirable.
This is a temporary position for 1 year in the first instance, offering an attractive salary & benefits package. Appointment will be at the scientist or senior scientist level depending on experience. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com quoting Maternity Cover.
The closing date 15 January 2020
In order to comply with UK employment law, all applicants must have the right to work in the UK, if invited to interview, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.
No agencies, thank you.
Key skills and abilities
- Excellent technical protein production and troubleshooting skills
- Advanced skills in teamwork and collaboration
- Thorough knowledge of the drug discovery process
- Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
- High level of IT literacy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Flexible approach to change