With an expanding small molecule drug discovery portfolio Artios Pharma is recruiting for a laboratory technician or senior laboratory technician based on experience, on a temporary basis to assist in the day-to-day running of our biochemistry and cell biology labs. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic, small Biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively working on an exciting portfolio of unique DNA repair projects.
Outline of the role
You will join a growing research team within this innovative and expanding company. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure the smooth running of the Artios research laboratories, including:
• Management and ordering of laboratory consumables.
• Cleaning and general maintenance of laboratory equipment.
• Safe and proper waste disposal, including liquid and dry waste and Category II dry waste.
• Co-ordination of incoming and outgoing shipments of chemical and biological reagents
• Reviewing and maintaining databases
• Overseeing health and safety in the laboratory
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum 2 A Level passes with at least one science subject
• Prior experience as a technician working in a biochemistry or cell biology research laboratory
• Experience in producing buffers and microbiological media, including agars, broths and buffers
• Experience in performing and reviewing risk assessments including COSHH.
• Experience in ordering and stock control
• Experience in coordinating incoming and outgoing shipments
• BSc in molecular biology / cell biology / biochemistry or equivalent experience.
• Experience working in a tissue culture laboratory
• Experience in compound management
• First aid at work
Key Skills and Abilities
• Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to work in a proactive, organised and methodical fashion
• Excellent attention to detail
• Experience maintaining databases
• An understanding of COSHH.
• Ability to ensure health and safety compliance and understanding from all staff.
This is a temporary role offering an attractive salary & benefits package, if you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Ref 4229
The closing date is Monday 27 September
In order to comply with UK Employment Law, all applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK or if from the EU, subject to receiving a relevant Skilled Worker Visa to work in the UK.