Following our recent exciting collaborations with both Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, and Novartis, and with an expanding small molecule drug discovery portfolio Artios Pharma is recruiting for an experienced Senior Scientist. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic, small Biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively working on an exciting portfolio of unique DNA repair projects.
We started our first clinical study with our small-molecule ATR inhibitor in February 2021.
Outline of the role
You will join a growing research team within this innovative and expanding company. Your primary responsibility will be contributing target identification and validation data to Artios’ internal drug discovery projects. You will apply your technical expertise in cellular and molecular biology to identify novel oncology targets and validate their underlying mode of action. You will have the opportunity to work in multi-disciplinary collaborative networks as well as with leading academics. Appointment will be at the senior scientist 1 or senior scientist 2 level depending on experience.
Qualifications and Experience
• Proven track record in at least one of the following disciplines: telomere biology; DNA damage response; identification and validation of oncology drug discovery targets ideally within an industrial setting
• PhD (or equivalent) in a relevant life science subject plus a minimum of an additional 2 years lab-based experience
• Experience of industrial drug discovery and delivering to meet milestones advantageous
• Experience working on innovative target classes a distinct advantage
Key Skills and Abilities
• In depth understanding of telomere biology, DNA damage response and / or oncology
• Excellent technical cell and molecular biology skills including viability assays, Western blotting, siRNA and gene editing techniques
• Extensive technical understanding of assays relating to telomere biology and / or DNA damage response is highly desirable
• Advanced skills in teamwork and collaboration
• Enthusiasm and commitment to achieve within tight deadlines
• Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
• High level of IT literacy
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Flexible approach to change
This is a permanent position, offering an attractive salary & benefits package. Appointment will be at Senior Scientist l or ll level depending on experience. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Ref 4219
The closing date is Monday 5 July 2021
In order to comply with UK Employment Law, all applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK or if from the EU, subject to receiving a relevant Skilled Worker Visa to work in the UK.
No agencies, thank you