With an expanding small molecule drug discovery portfolio, Artios Pharma is recruiting for an experienced in vivo pharmacologist . This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic, small Biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively working on an exciting portfolio of unique DNA repair projects.
Outline of the role
You will join a growing research team within this innovative and expanding company. Your primary responsibility will be to design, manage & analyse in vivo pharmacology studies with contract research organisations and collaborators. Through CRO’s and other partners, you will generate in vivo pharmacology work to understand the efficacy, tolerability and PK/PD relationships of novel anticancer agents. You will also work in multi-disciplinary collaborations with external scientists and leading academics, involving a high level of teamwork. It is important to note that this will not involve any hands-on experimentation.
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum of Ph.D or BSc/MSc plus equivalent preclinical experience in cancer research
- Experience of in vivo oncology models in drug discovery
- Experience managing contract research organisations or external collaborations is advantageous
Key Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of in vivo pharmacology in a cancer drug discovery setting
- Understanding of basic cancer cell biology or DNA repair pathways
- Proven track record in planning, managing and maintaining relationships with multiple partners
- Previous experience in preclinical drug discovery
- Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
- Experience of IHC/IF/flowcytometry would be desirable.
- Previous experience of in vivo Pharmacodynamic biomarker
- High level of IT literacy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Flexible approach to change
This is a permanent position, offering an attractive salary & benefits package. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting
The closing date is Monday 19 April 2021
In order to comply with UK employment law, all applicants must have the right to work in the UK, if invited to interview, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.
No agencies, thank you