Following our recent exciting collaborations with both Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, and Novartis, and with an expanding small molecule drug discovery portfolio Artios Pharma is recruiting for an experienced Translational Scientist. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic, small Biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively working on an exciting portfolio of unique DNA repair projects.
We started our first clinical study with our small-molecule ATR inhibitor in February 2021.
Outline of the role
This role will join the growing Translational Science team who sit at the interface between research and development at Artios. Your primary responsibility will be to implement and manage clinically pharmacodynamic and patient stratification assays. You will work in a multi disciplinary team and a large focus of the role will be working with contract research organisations to set up laboratories for clinical testing and deliver high quality validated assays.
• Work closely with the Head of Translational Science to develop patient selection strategies to demonstrate pharmacodynamic effects and translate biomarkers from pre-clinical to clinical assays in a timely manner.
• Identify technology and explore, where appropriate, novel platforms to enable delivery of clinical testing protocols.
• Identify key CRO’s and manage the process of contracting them and actively track project progression up to, and including, the delivery of final project reports. Act as a key point of contact between Artios and the vendor.
• Work with the Clinical Operations team to ensure all appropriate information on sample requirements and logistics is communicated to clinical trial sites and ensure that all documentation is in place prior to the start of a clinical trial.
• Liaise with the biology team to ensure key reagents are available for assay development and any pilot work is performed.
• Schedule regular project review meetings with relevant personnel internally and externally; organize core team meetings; including preparing meeting agendas, timely/appropriate review of action log as well as recording and circulation of meeting minutes.
• Ensure all documentation is filed appropriately.
Qualifications and Experience
Key Skills and Abilities
• Educated to PhD level in a scientific discipline.
• Scientific understanding of the drug development processes, especially in a translational setting.
• A background in DDR is desirable but not essential.
• Experience in facilitating project team meetings, cross-functional communication, decision making and budget management.
• Experience managing external vendors to deliver high value data to strict timelines.
• Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion.
• High level of IT literacy.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Flexible approach to change.
This is a permanent position, offering an attractive salary & benefits package. Appointment will be at Senior Scientist II. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com quoting Ref 4216
The closing date is Monday 7 June 2021
In order to comply with UK Employment Law, all applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK or if from the EU, subject to receiving a relevant Skilled Worker Visa to work in the UK.
No agencies, thank you