Artios Pharma is currently recruiting for a cell and molecular biologist. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic Biotech company based near Cambridge, UK.
Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The Company is actively building an exciting portfolio of unique DDR projects and has the ambitious aim to quickly translate these discoveries into the clinic.
Outline of the role
You will join a disease positioning team, identifying biomarkers of sensitivity for Artios’ novel DNA repair inhibitors. Your primary responsibility will be developing and performing CRISPR screens with leading compounds followed by validation of the top hits using gene editing and diverse cell biology assays. You will apply your technical expertise in cellular and molecular biology, contributing biological data to Artios’ ongoing drug discovery projects. You will also have the opportunity to work in multi-disciplinary collaborative networks, involving CRO’s and academic scientists.
The appointment will be at the scientist or senior scientist level depending on experience.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven track record of delivering excellent quality research
- Ph.D. in a life science subject or equivalent experience ideally in an industrial setting
- Extensive experience in cancer cell biology techniques particularly proliferation and viability assays
- Experience in CRISPR screening
- Experience in gene editing via CRISPR/Cas9
- Experience in FACS
Key Skills and Abilities
- Excellent technical skills in cell and molecular biology
- Enthusiasm and commitment to achieve within tight deadlines
- Knowledge of cancer drug discovery is desirable
- Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
- Good level of IT literacy
- Excellent communication, team working and presentation skills
- Flexible approach to change
This is a permanent role offering an attractive salary & benefits package, if you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to comply with UK employment law, all applicants must have the right to work in the UK, if invited to interview, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK. No agencies, thank you.
The closing date is Wednesday 6 June 2019
View all news