With an expanding small molecule drug discovery portfolio, Artios Pharma is recruiting an experienced Director of Translation Science. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic, fast paced Biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively working on an exciting portfolio of unique DNA repair projects.
Outline of the role
As Director of Translational Science, the job holder will work with the CSO and the CMO to define and implement the patient selection strategy and Proof of Mechanism PD assays for our novel oncology targeted agents. This will include the identification, preclinical and clinical validation of patient selection tools, companion diagnostic build with external parties, identification and implementation of pharmacodynamic assays along with supporting the preparation and submission of first time in patient investigational new drug application and coordination of interactions with competent authorities.
- Work with CSO and CMO to ensure the translational science programs provide data required to support a patient selection strategy for medicines in development and to characterize Proof of Mechanism in Phase 1 study
- Ensure patient selection tools and methodologies are available for implementation within clinical studies and oversee their application during clinical studies
- Act as Translational Lead on Development and Clinical Teams
- Collaborate with external scientific partners and CROs in the design, conduct and reporting of externally conducted research
- Establish and maintain appropriate collaborations and relationships with external experts
Qualifications and skills:
- Ph.D. in molecular or cell biology, molecular oncology, or pathology
- Extensive industrial experience is required including experience in oncology translational or clinical laboratory-based research
- Specific experience in the application of biomarkers to clinical translational research during the development process
- Knowledge of IVD/diagnostics development
- Proven experience in managing research collaborations, contract laboratories and budgets
- Strong publication record in the field and external presentations
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for experts in the field.
- Experience in assembling, analysing and interpreting large datasets such as genomics and proteomics
- Experience of managing preparation of appropriate parts of IND submission and interactions with competent authorities
- Working knowledge of all current biomarker methodologies
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Flexible approach to change
This is a permanent position, offering an attractive salary & benefits package depending on experience. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
The closing date is Monday 6th January 2020
In order to comply with UK employment law, all applicants must have the right to work in the UK, if invited to interview, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.
No agencies, thank youView all news