With an expanding small molecule drug discovery portfolio Artios Pharma is recruiting for a laboratory technician to co-ordinate the day-to-day running of our biochemistry and cell biology labs. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic, small Biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively working on an exciting portfolio of unique DNA repair projects.
Outline of the role
You will join a growing research team within this innovative and expanding company. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure the smooth running of the Artios research laboratories, including:
- Ordering of laboratory consumables.
- Cleaning and general maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Safe and proper waste disposal, including liquid and dry waste and Category II dry waste.
- Co-ordination of incoming and outgoing shipments of chemical and biological reagents
Qualifications and Experience
- 2 A Level passes
- Prior experience as a technician working in a biochemistry or cell biology research laboratory
- Experience in producing microbiological media, including agars, broths and buffers
- BSc in molecular biology / cell biology / biochemistry or equivalent experience.
- NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety and Health
Key Skills and Abilities
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good teamworking skills
- An understanding of COSHH.
This is a permanent role offering an attractive salary & benefits package, if you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to comply with UK employment law, all applicants must have the right to work in the UK, if invited to interview, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.
View all news