With an expanding small molecule drug discovery portfolio Artios Pharma is recruiting for an experienced in vivo studies manager. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic, small Biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively working on an exciting portfolio of unique DNA repair projects.
Outline of the role
You will join a growing research team within this innovative and expanding company. Your primary responsibility will be leading Artios’ ongoing in vivo pharmacology work aiming to understand the efficacy, tolerability and PK/PD relationships of Artios’ novel anticancer agents. You will achieve this by applying your technical understanding of in vivo pharmacology, drug discovery and development to design, implement and manage in vivo studies with external CRO’s and collaborators. You will work in multi-disciplinary collaborations liaising with internal and with external scientists including leading academics, involving a high level of teamwork.
Qualifications and Experience
- PhD or equivalent in pharmacology or another life science subject
- Minimum of five years’ post-doctoral experience working in a research environment
- A proven track record in delivering in vivo studies is essential
- Experience of running in vivo pharmacology studies for drug discovery and development
- Experience managing contract research organisations or external collaborations
- Experience working in an industrial setting will be a distinct advantage
Key Skills and Abilities
- Excellent technical understanding of in vivo pharmacology studies including building data packages on tolerability, efficacy and PK/PD relationships
- Understanding of cancer cell biology or DNA repair pathways
- Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
- High level of IT literacy and statistical data analysis
- Excellent teamworking, communication and presentation skills
- Flexible approach to change
This is a permanent position offering an attractive salary & benefits package. Appointment will be at the senior scientist or principal scientist level depending on experience. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
The closing date is Monday 2nd September 2019
In order to comply with UK employment law, all applicants must have the right to work in the UK, if invited to interview, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.
View all news