Artios Pharma is currently recruiting for a cell and molecular biologist. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a new dynamic Biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively building an exciting portfolio of unique DDR projects and has the ambitious aim to quickly translate these discoveries into the clinic.
Outline of the role
You will join a small research team within this innovative and expanding company. Your primary responsibility will be contributing biological data to Artios’ ongoing drug discovery projects. You will apply your technical expertise in cellular and molecular biology to develop and perform cell-based assays to understand the mechanism of action of Artios’ novel inhibitors and how they can be combined with known therapies. You will also use Artios’ novel compounds as well as genetic approaches to identify biomarkers of sensitivity, enabling development of patient selection strategies. You will have the opportunity to work in multi-disciplinary collaborative networks with external scientists and leading academics.
Appointment will be at the scientist or senior scientist level depending on experience.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven track record of delivering excellent research
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience in the private research sector Key Skills and Abilities
- Extensive experience in cell biology techniques particularly proliferation/viability assays, ideally within an industrial setting
- Broad molecular biology skills, including molecular cloning and western blotting
- Experience in gene manipulation, including knockdown, gene editing via CRISPR/Cas9 or orthogonal technologies is desirable
- Experience in FACS and cellular DDR assays would also be an advantage
- Enthusiasm and commitment to achieve within tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
- High level of IT literacy
- Excellent communication, team working and presentation skills
In order to comply with UK employment law, all applicants must have the right to work in the UK, if invited to interview, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.
The closing date is 30 January 2019
This is a permanent role offering an attractive salary & benefits package, if you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies, thank youView all news