With an expanding small molecule drug discovery portfolio Artios Pharma is recruiting for an experienced cell and molecular biologist. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic, small Biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively working on an exciting portfolio of unique DNA repair projects.
Outline of the role
You will join a growing research team within this innovative and expanding company. Your primary responsibility will be contributing biological data to Artios’ ongoing drug discovery projects. You will achieve this by applying your technical expertise in cell and molecular biology to understand mode of action of Artios novel anticancer agents. You will also work in multi-disciplinary collaborations with external scientists and leading academics, involving a high level of teamwork.
Qualifications and Experience
- PhD or equivalent in a life science subject
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in a research environment
- Experience of in vitro pharmacology or drug discovery is desirable
- Experience working in an industrial setting will be a distinct advantage
Key Skills and Abilities
- Excellent technical skills in cell and molecular biology techniques including Western blotting, flow cytometry, cell culture and viability assays
- Technical skills in DNA damage and repair assays such as Comet assays, DNA fibre labelling and repair foci imaging is highly desirable
- Understanding of cancer cell biology or DNA repair pathways
- Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
- High level of IT literacy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Flexible approach to change
This is a temporary position for 1 year in the first instance, offering an attractive salary & benefits package. Appointment will be at the scientist or senior scientist level depending on experience. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com quoting Maternity Cover.
The closing date is 16th September 2019
In order to comply with UK employment law, all applicants must have the right to work in the UK, if invited to interview, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.
View all news